Hit-and-Run Accidents

Seattle Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyers

Injured in a Hit & Run Accident in Seattle?

When a driver flees the scene of an accident, it is called a hit and run. Unfortunately, this happens more often than it should in Washington. Victims of hit-and-run accidents are often left to deal with the emotional and financial aftermath of the crash.

At Carpenter & Zuckerman, our Washington hit-and-run accident attorneys help clients pursue compensation for their injuries. We are committed to holding negligent drivers accountable and will work tirelessly to get you the best possible results in your case.

Call (425) 585-4009 or contact us online to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our team.

What to Do After Being Involved in a Hit & Run

Being the victim of a hit and run accident can be incredibly stressful. You may be unsure of what to do next. The actions you take immediately following the crash are important. They can help you get the medical care you need and make it easier to pursue compensation for your injuries.

If you are involved in a hit and run, take the following steps:

  • Stay at the scene: Even if the other driver flees, you should stay at the scene of the accident. Leaving can result in criminal charges.
  • Call the police: Contact law enforcement to report the hit and run. They will come to the scene to investigate and write a police report. The report will be an important piece of evidence in your case.
  • Look for witnesses: Take a moment to see if anyone saw the accident. If there are witnesses, ask them to stay at the scene and talk to the police. Their statements can help prove what happened.
  • Take pictures: Use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene. Capture photos of the damage to your vehicle and any debris on the road. Also, take pictures of any visible injuries you have.
  • Get medical attention: Even if you do not think you were hurt, you should still see a doctor. Some injuries take days to appear. Seeing a doctor will also create a record of your injuries, which can be used as evidence.
  • Call your insurance company: Report the accident to your insurance company. They will need to know what happened and will help you file a claim.
  • Speak to a lawyer: After a hit and run, you should consult with an experienced attorney. They can help you understand your legal rights and options.

Who Pays for a Hit & Run?

When a driver flees the scene of an accident, it may be difficult to hold them accountable. However, there are still ways for you to get the compensation you need to cover your expenses. You may be able to file a claim with your insurance company.

In Washington, drivers may opt to carry uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. This insurance can be used to pay for the medical expenses and property damage of a hit-and-run. It can also be used to pay for the injuries you sustain if you are involved in an accident with a driver who does not have insurance.

Uninsured motorist coverage can be used to pay for the following:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Property damage
  • Other out-of-pocket expenses
  • Pain and suffering

Insurance companies do not like to pay out on claims. They will look for any way to deny your claim or pay you less than you deserve. You should consult with an experienced attorney before you speak to your insurance company. They can help you understand your legal rights and options.

How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me After a Hit & Run?

After a hit-and-run accident, you will likely have many questions. You may be unsure of what to do next or how you will pay for your medical expenses. An experienced attorney can help you get the answers you need. They can help you file a claim with your insurance company and negotiate a fair settlement. If your insurance company refuses to pay your claim, a lawyer can help you file a lawsuit. They can also help you file a personal injury lawsuit if the driver is caught. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, your lawyer can handle all the legal aspects of your case.

Call (425) 585-4009 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Washington hit-and-run accident lawyers.

$131 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our client was injured in a car accident caused by a driver who was over-served at a restaurant/bar.
  • $10.5 Million Car Accident
  • $1.3 Million Spinal Injury
  • $2.1 Million Hit-and-Run Accident


  • Should I speak with the other party's insurer?
    No, we will take care of that. They will likely offer you a lower settlement than you deserve. Further, you run the risk of saying something that an insurer can use against you, leading to a diminished claim.
  • Can I seek property damages in my car accident case?
  • Can a third party be responsible for my injuries in a car accident?
    Yes, if they are responsible for causing the accident. For example, if a defective part leads to an accident, you may be able to seek compensation from the part's manufacturer.

The Opinions That Matter Most

    “They took great care of me and expedited my case quickly and efficiently.” - Vincent C.
    “They will make sure you are taken care of and will fight to the very end for your well-being.” - Alan J.